Vintage Gonzales Wood Tennis Racket
Ricardo Alonso Gonzalez (9 May 1928 – 3 July 1995), also known as Richard Gonzales, and usually as Pancho Gonzales, was an American tennis player. He was the World No. 1 tennis player for an all-time record eight years from 1952 to 1960. He won 17 Major singles titles, including 15 Pro Slams and 2 Grand Slams.
Largely self-taught, Gonzales was a successful amateur player in the late 1940s, twice winning the United States Championships. He is still widely considered one of the greatest players in the history of the game. A 1999 Sports Illustrated article about the magazine's 20 "favorite athletes" of the 20th century said about Gonzales (their number 15 pick): "If earth was on the line in a tennis match, the man you want serving to save humankind would be Ricardo Alonso Gonzalez." The American tennis commentator Bud Collins echoed this in an August 2006 article for MSNBC.com: "If I had to choose someone to play for my life, it would be Pancho Gonzales."
- Photographs are taken as suggestive ideas only.
- Supporting items & other display props may be available for sales, please feel free to check.
- Currency: Singapore Dollars (SGD$)
- Trading term: Cash On Deal, No payment no deal. No reservation.
- Self- collection: Marine Parade Area (near Block 5)
- Contact: 8822 8825 (SMS or WhatsApp please)